Directed Electronics (DEI) will refund the amount of your comprehensive insurance deductible, not to exceed ($5000.00) five thousand dollars, to the original owner of an automobile (Motorcycles are not covered), which is stolen regardless if your vehicle is recovered or not, while equipped with any Viper window film package AND armed with one of DEIâ€™s qualifying security systems, Clifford, Python, or Viper, provided the conditions below are met (this plan is offered and valid in the U.S. only): OR
Directed Electronics (DEI) will refund the amount of your comprehensive insurance deductible, not to exceed ($2,500.00) two thousand five hundred dollars, to the original owner of an automobile (Motorcycles are not covered), which is stolen regardless if your vehicle is recovered or not, while equipped and armed with one of DEIâ€™s qualifying security systems, Clifford, Python, or Viper (without a Viper window film package) provided the following conditions below are met (this plan is offered and valid in the U.S. only):
- The qualifying system was sold, installed, and serviced by an authorized dealer for DEI, remains in the car in which the system was originally installed, and owned by the original purchaser of the qualifying system. Window decals must have beenin place on the vehicle at the time of installation.
- The theft occurred less than one year after the date of purchase of the qualifying DEI system.
- This GPP claim is made within sixty (60) days of settlement of your claim with your insurance carrier.
- The vehicle was stolen as a result of alarm system failure and the automobile was not left in an inactive/disarmed mode for whatever reason, even if left at a service station.
- A police report must be filed and a copy submitted with your GPP claim.
- Vehicle must be insured against theft at the time vehicle was stolen.
- The insurance company must accept and pay the claim.
- A DEI starter kill device must have been installed on the vehicle and both the sales receipt and warranty card must show starter kill installation.
Your claim MUST meet all of the criteria as stated above to be eligible to file a claim for reimbursement of your comprehensive deductible. Any questions regarding the GPP warranty may be submitted in writing to our office. Be sure to address all correspondence, attention: GPP.
Attn: GPP Coordinator
One Viper Way
Vista Ca. 92081
760-598-6200 ext. #11248
IMPORTANT NOTE: A productâ€™s warranty is automatically void if its date code or serial number is defaced, missing, or altered. GPP does not cover vandalism, theft of vehicle parts, contents, damage to vehicle and/or towing charges. Furthermore, vehicles that are consigned or displayed for sale are not covered by the GPP program. GPP is not available to employees, agents, friends or relatives of DEI or of its dealers. GPP does not extend to or cover motorcycles or vehicles without lockable doors, ignition systems and/or engine compartments. The claimant is reminded that in consideration of this program and as a condition precedent to the purchase of the DEI security system, the purchaser agrees [agreed] that any and all claims and/or disputes between the purchaser and DEI shall be decided in accordance with the laws of the State of California and the exclusive and only venue for the same shall be California State Courts in the San Diego County, California.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING YOUR CLAIM
Claims for reimbursement must be submitted directly to DEI, attention: GPP. All documents must be clear and legible true copies and once submitted, they become the property of DEI. Processing cannot begin unless the claim is accompanied by all of the following:
- A copy of the ORIGINAL sales receipt from an authorized dealer showing:
If you purchased your DEI system through a car dealer, you must provide the name of the authorized installer who installed the system for the dealer. (Note: it is the responsibility of the claimant to provide this information and to do the necessary research.)
- The brand name and model number of the system and the date of installation;
- The year, make and model of the vehicle in which the system was installed;
- A DEI starter kill device was installed with the system;
- If a Viper Window Film Package was purchased, the registration or receipt must be provided.
- A copy of the complete police report from the police agency to which the theft was reported. Report must show details of the incident.
- A copy of the Declarations page of your insurance policy which indicates the amount of your comprehensive deductible on the stolen vehicle, as of the date of theft.
- A copy of the settlement check issued by your insurance company (regardless of who the payee is). Your claim cannot be processed until your insurance company has settled your claim with them. If a copy of the settlement check has not been provided to you by the insurance company, please call your insurance agent for a copy. (Note: insurance companies will only provide their insured with these records, it is therefore your responsibility to obtain and forward the same to DEI.)
DEI is not able to process any claim that is submitted without all of the above requisite documentation. Partial claims will be considered abandoned. DEI is not responsible and in many instances unable to obtain the needed documentation. The person filing this claim must make any inquiries to the police department, insurance company and/or the authorized dealer. Please allow six to eight weeks for processing and determination once you have submitted the required documentation. Any inquiries regarding this claim must be made in writing, attention GPP.
Once you have read the GPP policy and instructions completely and have all documentation, please complete Attachment A and include it with your claim.